Product Monetization Manager
Foxglove Studios is a game development studio with a focus on free-to-play mobile games. Based in Stockholm, Sweden, our employees live and work around the globe. We work from where we feel inspired, where we can balance our personal and business lives, and where we can feel healthy. Our distributed development team communicates and collaborates via Slack, Hangouts Meet, chat, and email. We also meet up in the real world a few times per year as an entire studio.
As experienced game developers, our environment is one in which we treat each person as a responsible adult, providing a large degree of freedom when performing tasks. We expect that you will not only bring amazing skills to your particular discipline but that you will also actively contribute to the social capital of the studio. As a small team, we need you to care about your peers, our games, and ultimately the continuous growth and wellbeing of the studio. We expect vision, proactivity, a maturity for self-management, and an ability to have discussions with varied viewpoints, along with tons of great ideas!
- State clear, economy-based goals to help guide development roadmaps.
- Be the point of contact and resident authority on our in-game economies, sources & sinks of game currencies, and pricing models.
- Become the Live Operations champion, ensuring targets are met by proposing, executing, and continuously improving the game’s content calendar.
- Design and implement special offers, bundles, and tests.
- Work with designers and analysts to adjust the economy in support of new features, events, tests, segments, pricing, etc.
- Collaborate with design team to create in-game events that drive performance.
- Collect and analyze economy, engagement, and monetization data; report on performance, suggest and implement optimizations.
- Stay on top of the market landscape, keep the team informed about new developments.
- Deconstruct competitive game systems, provide comparative benchmarks, and suggest new features based on those results.
- Strong data analysis and critical thinking skills.
- Good intuition for why players make purchase decisions.
- A sr. level understanding of big picture strategy combined with a love of doing the work yourself.
- Shipped at least one mobile F2P title.
- Have worked in live operations of a high performing mobile F2P title and demonstrated the ability to drive continuous, meaningful improvements to key metrics.
- Strong understanding of the current mobile F2P market.
- Background experience or education in fields like economics, finance, or statistics are plusses.
What Foxglove offers:
- A unique company culture! We’re a small, very friendly group of experienced pros with a flat hierarchy, all working together from different countries and backgrounds across the world.
- A flexible working space! We don’t have a physical office so you’ll be able to work from anywhere you like, as long as you have an internet connection and you can concentrate.
- Company onsites! A few times per year, we spend a week together for regular face-to-face meetings and social activities. Past locations have included Amsterdam, Stockholm, and Seattle.
- No-nonsense processes! Though we are organized, the small team size helps us to keep things informal and remain agile.
- Impactful opportunities! The ability to leave your mark on both the games you make and the company’s future.
We are looking for a creative person with a passion for gaming and strong cross-functional communication skills. Is that you? If you enjoy working in a team of equally passionate developers and you have the desire to always grow your skills and knowledge, we look forward to hearing from you.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
What you'll take under your wings:
- The product monetization manager will analyze the performance of our games and design features, content, live events, and promotions to help make sure they succeed.